Saturday, July 12, 2008

Just a day in the life of Tilly~~



Yesterday I failed to write. Lately I had been writing every day for my blog and yesterday I neglected you. Well, to hell with you...I also had hardly any hits yesterday. As we know lately I am living life very simply. It’s quite funny how I talk to my friends and they inform me that they feel bad for me, like I am “going through” something because I am living an unorthodox lifestyle and on “the road less traveled”. I just want everyone to know that I am completely happy. As a matter of fact. I am having the time of my life.

When I tell people that I am living simply, I mean I am living simply. I really am living on under ten bucks a day and it is great!! I am in one of the most expensive places in America and I am living a whole and free life. So, in order to ease your pains and worries about how I am living, I am gonna write about yesterday and only yesterday, just one day in my life, one day in my adventure.

Yesterday I woke up at 5 am, as I usually do these days. I woke up to the radiance of the rising sun and I woke up content and happy. First thing I did, the first task of my day was very simple. I walked over to a lifeguard stand on Santa Monica Beach and I sat for some silent meditation to start my day. After some relaxing meditation ass the day started to warm and the rake and metal detectors hit the beach, I wandered off for a hot shower and a shave.

What a great life and a great world, I took a hot shower first thing in the morning and then set out to do my exercises. Why shower before exercising??? It will be hot later and I aimed to cool off in the Pacific of course. I wandered away from the pier and over to “Muscle Beach”(click here). For those of you who are not familiar with L.A. and Santa Monica, “Muscle Beach” consists of rings to swing on, bars to exercise and swing all on. A perfect resource for working out and I took advantage of it dips, and push-ups etc. I swallowed 4 hard boiled eggs and an “Odwalla”(click here) bar PROTEIN!!!, I think I must of drank like 2 of those Protein smoothie’s too! I like the chocolate banana.

I sure wear myself out, I walked onto the beach smoking a bowl of some __not so great__ pot and I was happy. To the beach I walked, dropped my towel and walked right into the water....ah the cool Pacific. When I got out of the water 3 girls wearing backpacks walked up and brought me a free Redbull (click here). Perfect timing if I do say so myself. I lay down for an hour nap and some sun. What a life.

After a relaxing nap and some social time with some new friends I went to the office, my favorite coffee shop on Santa Monica where I pounded out words, answered emails and sent out head shots around town. I am really trying to be on the TV show “Deal or No Deal”. That would be RAD!!! Well, I spent about 3 hours there, I usually do and then I bounced on up the street to the “Santa Monica” Library. I spent another good four hours in the library reading “The Poems of Dylan Thomas">(click here) and “Jack Kerouac - Novelist of the Beat Generation”(click here) I also read random excerpts like I do every day from “The Basic Teachings of the Buddha” after study time ( I do this every day” ) I went over to the grocery store where I bought my food for the day, a salad with steak, a sandwich with mozzarella and tomato, some granola bars and a vitamin water. I picked up “Pop Tarts” but I put them back as they are bulky and don’t fit in my pack well and I traded them for a couple more granola bars. I try to be as healthy as I can. It was getting dark so I began my 7 block trek back to the beach.

As I arrived at the beach I saw a few friends sitting in the park in the front. We sat and shared a joint and looked at this guys art for a second, enjoying the always perfect SoCal air and sunshine...a stupid cop on a bike came up to us and demanded that we not drink in the park and lectured us for what seemed like an hour about park drinking. I smile and as always these days was courteous and I picked up any litter around me and walked toward the beach where I would randomly pick up a little crap here and there and toss it into the trash. People are a lot dirtier around here than they are in the Northwest, I guess they are just tourists. Well, the earth takes good care of me, so I take good care of the earth and I try to clean up any plastics and things like that which may hurt our eco-system.

Crowds began to spill on the beach and a giant screen was rolled out onto the beach. Redbull was having an event on the beach where a dirt biker was going to break a world record on the pier. He was to jump straight up a quarter pipe over the Ferris wheel to 59 feet, but before all that, from a perfect seat on the beach I was able to watch 4 guys jump out of a helicopter and one by one glide from way up in the sky onto the Santa Monica Pier. Amazing! After a plane did some spins across the sky a dirt bike kicked up and up once, up twice....the fourth time 59 feet was hit. A world record, it was amazing. Regretfully I didn’t get a picture of the feat because my camera died. I did, however, get a picture of the ramp (though not a good one) for all of you to see! I was thinking about my readers the whole time.





By now the sun had set and I am not really partying these days, I am trying to maintain my focus, so I went over to the “Chess” park where old me were enjoying one last game of chess before the night truly began and I got into the “lotus” position, looked out at the beach for my final meditation. Yesterday, to me was a perfect day, as is today and after watching a man call the birds out of the sky to his balcony and hold them I set out for sleep. An early bedtime, lately I am very excited for the next day to begin. This is the greatest time of my life where I am able to learn and get fit and become more healthy. God is good to me, God will be good to anyone no matter how they view him/her as long as they release all manufactured thoughts and worries and trust in the pureness of being. Life takes care of us more and more the more we better ourselves and maintain faith in being!

So that was one day, life is good to me, I am truly blessed. Every day is different, especially if you are Tilly, but believe that most days are just as exciting for me!! Be selfless and always give and life will give to you. Let’s be thankful for what we have and for what we are able to do, do those things and do everything with love in a peaceful and cheerful way.

~~one love

~tillford

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to do the same!