Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Tryng Too Hard




I have a lot to do today and as some of you know I have been stressing out a little. A good friend of mine sent me an email today that stated that I was "trying too hard" and to "just let it go". How true that is. It seems that when we ride through life, worry free, things just seem to run a lot smoothly in all areas. Lately I have been staying in a nicer place and have a few more bills and the stress of keeping in all has gotten in the way of me "enjoying" what I am doing. And I LOVE what I am doing.

Today I have a jam packed day full of errands to do and all of the things that I have planned (or most of them) are fun and exciting things. I know, that if I go about my day in the frame of mind that I have been the last few days I will be so focused on running around and getting everything accomplished that I won't be enjoying a single thing that I do and the tasks that I undertake will not be completed effectively. In life we seem to take a few steps forward and then we leap backwards. I know these principles and they absolutely work for me. So why do I need to be reminded by my friends. Thank GOD for like minded friends. Thanks Thea!

So today I am trying to be on a game show. The show is worth a million bucks (which ones aren't these days) and I KNOW that I am going to be dealing with long lines and I am really grateful that I get the chance to go into this with a positive frame of mind. I am at the Library now, so I think I will pick up a book. I also plan on finally getting to my agents office in Hollywood. It's funny. I have tried for days to get to this place and every day something comes up, I get lost, my phone dies etc. Let's hope that today I finally get this thing accomplished.

Regardless, I still feel lucky to be living the life that I live, even though for a couple of days I felt a little whiny and worn out. I am not going to spend the entire day today focused on the things that I don't have and I am going to do my best to enjoy the moments that I am in. We can't force things in life. Life is going to give us what we need when we need it and I can truly attest to that. However, if we try to hard to make things happen in our own time, we are only cutting of the magical energy that is God which makes things happen the way we might desire. We can be our own best friend or our own worst enemy.

I would encourage everyone who reads this blog to just take today and take all your worries and throw them out the window. Let it go. If you are losing your home to for closure, go to the beach and get OUT of that place and forget it for a day. If you need a job, take a rest, go to a coffee shop and just relax and then tell me what your day has produced for you. Leave it all in God's hands and let's see what happens.





I do have one last comment. There are emails going around the Internet about Barrack Obama making a statement which said "We are no longer a Christian nation, we are a nation of Christians, Muslims, Jews and Budhists" (or something to that effect). Some people are outraged by this statement and feel that our forfathers intention was that we are a Christian nation. Even though I dearly love some of the people who take offense to this statement, I MUST comment on this.

Our great nation was started by people who were escaping a nation that was dominated by The Church of England. These people came to America in search of a place where they could freely worship in the manner of their choice and not in a system that was focused on a central religion imposed by the government. These people developed a system for us in which our government can NEVER impose one religion on us and that is what has made us one of the most free and diverse nations in this world. There was a time when almost everyone in the U.S. WAS of Christian faith and also of similar race. The fact of the matter is, the U.S. is incredibly diverse now and while we may as individuals want the majority of people to believe the same things which we do, this is not what happens here. Our system was designed for us to have choice and that is how we have grown to be so diverse.

I do not believe that just because we are not all Cristians that we are doomed God. On the contrary I am proud of a tolerance that we show as a majority in this nation, to ALL religions. I think God probably likes that a lot as well. God shows himself to each individual in different ways and in his time and it is not our duty to impose our religious views or judge people wrong for seeing things a different way. Our walk with God is one that is not shown by man, but by God in His own way and His own time.

I am proud of this statement by Mr. Obama, it shows tolerance. In order to become unified, we must accept that there are a lot of people who are different and a lot of people who have moved to our country from another and just do not believe some of the same things that we do, but when it comes down to it, those same people have the same basic morals that we all seek shelter, safety, non-violence, love etc. We cannot look down on ourselves for our tolerance. Jesus said "Love they neighbor as thy self" and "of all these, the greatest is Love", "do not judge, lest ye be judged". Let's try and focus on our own personal relationship with God and how WE got there and not worry about how others get there. Everyone gets the opportunity to hear from God and how people pray has nothing to do with how our economy runs or how our government takes care of us, however, how we treat each other and how accepting and tolerant of each other does define how well we live together in America and how well we live together in this VERY diverse world.

God Bless America

~tilly

No comments: