The evening came and
went as quickly as a dream. When I woke
up in the morning there were people sleeping all over the beach, it was quite
amusing. I looked down the coast and
chuckled as I saw 3 queen sized mattresses in a row with pairs of lovers in
them inches away from the foamy waters of the Pacific Ocean. “What a strange trip, I thought” and I was
anxious for the day ahead. I made my way
towards the pier as I had done the days prior and I could see that just as I
had assumed, the beach was riddled with lost items that people who were over
intoxicated had lost in the dark. There
were shoes and bottles and on my walk I found a few items for the keeping, a
five dollar bill, a rolled joint and a pill bottle with 3 Percocet in it. What a crazy place!
When I arrived at the shower room there was quite a line
today, I decided I didn’t like this place too much but while I waited a younger
guy of Native American decent wearing headphones rolled up to the line that I
was waiting in on a BMX bike and introduced himself as “Apache”. Apparently Apache knew of all of the spots
and all the people in the area, he had been here for a while, he was from Albuquerque,
New Mexico and claimed to be on some sort of “walk alone” in the world that
Native Americans do, I liked him right away. Rather than wait in line with all
of these smelly people I decided to break bread with this guy and share my
beach treasures and I am glad that I did.
Apache became one of my best allies on the streets of L.A.
We walked back up to the Palisades and he took me to his
camp in the bluffs where he had carefully camouflaged and entire site steps
away from the beach. Apache told me all
of the ins-and outs of the area and that’s when I learned about “The Canyon”
between Malibu and the Hollywood Hills. “It’s
a protected area” he told me, “It’s an hour hike every day, but it’s a piece of
nature smack dab in the middle of this populated metropolis”. “If you ever need
any weed” he said “I buy a little every week and peddle it around to the street
people that is how I keep from eating at the charities.” After our little talk, we walked back past
the little neighborhood on the beach and he told me he had to go and rode off,
I would later find that he did that thing often, vanished in a moment. I headed to my “office” on Santa Monica
Boulevard.
There were two tables sitting outside at this Internet Café so
I sat there and smoked and researched on the internet quite a bit that day, occasionally
chatting with the locals about the area.
I saw that a company called “Standing Room Only” was looking for people
to be paid audience members on the TV show “Don’t Forget the Lyrics” so I send
them my picture and contact information.
I also decided that I didn’t like showering at the Pier, it was a
Godsend that first day, but the people there were strange and it wasn’t very
clean, plus there was a line. I
remembered seeing a 24 hour fitness in Hollywood. Hollywood is about 30 minutes
away by bus and I thought it would be a great idea to get a membership there and
I would have a clean place to relax, shower and have another locker on the
other side of town. Next mission;
HOLLYWOOD BABY!
Many
thanks for reading my blog and finding interest in my life. It’s my goal to continue the stories of my
life in detail for one year and hopefully I have something to offer that might
be a bright spot in your daily routine. Please share this blog if you wish and
like me on Facebook Tilly's
~Tilly

No comments:
Post a Comment