
Woke up that July about 5 am to the rakes scraping across Santa Monica Beach. The pier was still lit up, Ferris wheel a flickering red, white and blue. People were actually having sex, in beds ON THE BEACH as the tide rolled. I met a gypsy the night before, on the beach, NO LIE ! She had a bag full of decks of cards and people were chanting. This beautiful girl played an instrument that I had never seen and muttered freestyle song. This was my beach, I've camped all of the beaches down the coast of California, there are State Beaches to camp on, if there wasn't I camped anyways. The gypsy girl laid out cards for me. She chose the Marilyn Monroe ones. As she laid out the cards the patterns were King, Queen, Ace of Hearts. Queens were all over my spread and 4's and it was a chilling night. As I sat amongst the circle of music I remember the girl I saw earlier in the night, so beautiful darked skinned with a southern drawl. She wasn't from here, she was from Texas.
"Who was she?" I wondered and "why was she so beautiful in the moonlight on that crazy night?" We adventured on the beach in Santa Monica that summer. As the week went on we had wild nights of with our friends performing on the Santa Monica Promenade and the Pier. We went to Venice and I spent Sundays lying outside on the Boardwalk in the grass listening to Peace Frog jam like The Doors. I had friends that slept on rooftops too,just like Jim did, talented people, living the dream. We danced on the beach and in the streets all night long, my friend walked on stilts and he was tall! There was a giant plant, yes, a PLANT that walked around and posed in pictures...KTLA news was there, my friends walked the Red Carpet in Hollywood twice! I attended V.I.P. events and enjoyed film festivals. I always saw that girl, she never talked, at least not to me and I talked to everyone.
I worked in audiences on TV and Moved Furniture I worked in the audience at concerts and sporting events, I never had a boss, all of my jobs text me! I got a gym membership at the 24 hour fitness center in Hollywood and met some interesting types. I rented a room and was frequently entertained by transvestites,transsexuals and OTHER in the hallway of my building, but hey, the GYM was on the corner and I was always seeing famous people, Bobby Lee would be @ Verizon paying his bill and then he would skate up to KTLA for the filming of MAD TV and I would be walking there to watch it get filmed, getting the best seats and getting paid to be there, I was able to interact with celebrities, daily. Byron Allen is a workaholic he crams everything into 3 days and they try to not give breaks, yep. The guy who played AL from Home Improvement, hysterical he drives a red Mazaratti and appears to be totally stoned laughing and cursing. I did about 30 Bingo episodes. Don't look for me, you will find me and I am totally cheezy G52. Heh.
I think that Wayne Brady from Don't Forget the Lyrics is the coolest person in Hollywood, he truly is who he is and loves it. I got to see so many performances on that show...EN VOGUE....NEVER GONNA GET IT !! HA HA!
What a summer I even was able to see Warren Beatty. I lived life that summer and this summer I passed through again. Again, for a night I camped on the beach. We camped every State Beach in California. I went around town to Venice and through Santa Monica and looked to see who was on Santa Monica and Venice. While I walked I thought of my friend Sam and the the News Crew while he played in Venice and how he is working on an internet TV show that was creative and progressive. I thought of Content Life and the News crews and the Red Carpets, I thought of Apache and I was grateful not to see them. I saw Abraham and his art, Abraham helped me feed a lot of hungry people and still does. He still sits there on Ashland part of the Boardwalk with his dreaded hair and warm black skin and he sells his art all the while providing produce and bread and other food for the artists of Los Angeles. So many talented people all gone, only the helpers left and then I saw the cute little girl from Texas, with a crackpipe, cheeks sunk in eyes buried into the back of her head. She pierced me with a dark stare and I shivered then she asked me for a cigarette....she talked to me.
~this is a true story as is everything on my blog.
Talk to each other!
Tillford!
No comments:
Post a Comment