
>
Recently I was able to travel nearly the entire coast of California. Me and a friend set course down the 1 and our truck broke some time before the town of Big Sur. If you are not familiar with BIG SUR it is a 90 mile strip of pure paraidise Big Sur was truly amazing. No where in the entire world are there mountains growing as fast and as tall as they are in Big Sur. Just being atop some of these mountains and veiwing the coastline was a perfectly amazing experience for me and being able to camp on these lavish beaches was truly an amazing experience.
We hitchhiked over Bixby Bridge , the famous 714 ft. bridge referenced and visited by one of my idols, Jack Kerouac. I enjoyed the town of Big Sur and its little Burrito Bus gas station and various odd travellers immensly. I felt priveleged to be stuck there and although I had good friends close by who could have took me back home, I embraced my situation in true Kerouacian fashion and begun a trip hitchiking to L.A. with a great buddy. We played games with people and met many people. I spent my mornings walking along the mountains feet with my own in the cold ocean water.
I met a few locals and was able to climb to the highest points and althought there was a little but of arguing, we reached the top and were able to climb abouve the clouds to the sun shining tops and see the beauty that is ours and Gods. I felt as close to God as I ever do and I know that once again I will visit the town of Big Sur, California!!
No comments:
Post a Comment