
They robbed me! Yep, it's true. Saturday evening I fell asleep on the beach with my backpack. I was woken in the morning by the giant rake raking the beach and when I realized what time it was I reached into my pack. They stole my flip flops, my wallet, my phone and a couple other minor things including cash. Luckily my laptop was locked up in storage! It had me totally devastated on Sunday because I was just getting ready to start a great job and I have a big audition this week. Now, I can't do the job because I can't access the resources I need without I.D. or Social. Plus, you can't work without those documents anyhow.
I didn't have my phone but the thieves made sure to call the girls in my phone and be vulgar and rude. I was lucky enough to be able to replace the phone today and cancel all of my cards that were in my wallet. They even got my birth certificate.
God works in strange ways.
Now, it seems that it will be at least 3 more weeks before I can get anything going. It takes 3 weeks to get my ID back and at this point I can't even rent a room.
I am, however, not letting this get me down at all. I am not pulling out my hair trying to make things work. Instead, I am taking the time to focus on the things I have to work on to be a successful human being internally and I am gonna go with it.
It is so hard for someone like me to just stop trying to make things happen and just wait. Apparently, that is what is meant for me to do. So wait is wait I will do. I really feel like I can handle more now than I have ever been able to handle in my entire life. Although I have gone through much worse things than this, I never handled them with a forgiving heart and without lashing out on someone, even if just in a minor way.
I have not cried out for help, in fact, I have done the opposite. I have become thankful for the break and if a break is what I will take...then so be it.
You can't always get what you want, but I have a funny feeling that this little experience is a stepping stone up the ladder to all that I desire.
So I wait.
~1 love
tilly
No comments:
Post a Comment