Thursday, August 7, 2008

Lotsa News

I only have 20 minutes before this place closes so look for a lot of errors in this one.

Today was a great day for me personally. I received a phone call from the TV show "Deal or No Deal" and I have an appointment next Thursday to audition with them. This is not an open casting call it is the REAL DEAL so I am kind of pumped. I love that show!

I also am 80% sure I landed my first job in L.A. and I am totally stoked. It is on Melrose in Hollywood at a great, great, great sports bar that might just end up being the best bar/resturant gig I have ever had. The guy who interviewed me is from Boston and we really, really clicked. I am totally excited to be working in Tinseltown and I am gonna have the opportunity to have lot's and lot's of fun. This place has 50 TV'S, Beerpong, DJ,s, a Full Menu, is open late and I am really looking forward to it. All I have let to deal with is the owner.

Also,

I had some really bad news this week. A boy who I still see as a little boy (I've known him most of his life) in Sarasota is being charged with second degree murder for his involvement in a fight on Lalani Blvd in my old stomping grounds. I am very close to Mikey and his family and I have to attest that he is a very sweet boy. While I feel very badly for the family of the victim, I am displeased with the reaction I have been seeing from the community. This is a really good kid who got into a fight in an enviroment where everyone was drinking. I personally have been in that same position a hundred times and so have most of the people I know from that town.

There is no total knoweledge of the facts, but who knows the reason. I have been getting into touch with some of his close friends and relatives and I intend on reporting on this like I was paid to do it. I am going to get the scoop from the inside. It means a lot to me.

I am also reading a book called "Live from Death Row" by Mumia Abu-Janal, an innocent man who spent years on death row. I am becoming more and more discusted at the judicial system and how it treats people, along with the prison system.

I am very scared for Mikey to be wrapped up in a system as scary as Florida. One that is intolerant, unrehabilative and treats the building of prisons and jails as a business. This is a state that has NO PROBLEM putting children behind bars for life and also executing them.

I am out of time today, but look for a long blog tomorrow about the system, whats wrong with it and why I hate the it!


Please Pray for Mikey, Simon and the fanmily of the boy who died.

~1 love

tilly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi g.......how's stuff....hope you make deal or no deal...busy as usual here..als aunts are here from chile since tuesday and paul and fam just arrived. Hope all is good for you!! call or write when ya get a chance!! love mom