Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The magic of "One-ness"



Well, blog traffic is down, so I guess the excitement of "Tilly's" is dwindling. I am noticing less and less hits from areas where there are people I know and more and more from places like Kenya and The U.K. It is what it is, I mainly write to maintain my balance and am merely grateful for the actual traffic. I am not trying to get rich here.

Today I am realizing some interesting things about my life. Yesterday, on Venice Beach I came across a line of youth from a local church. These kids had signs that were advertising free smiles. I approached the teens and 20 somethings and offered a smile as well and in return they offered to pray for me. I thanked them, but informed them that I didn't really need anyone to pray for me. I have direct dialect with God and I felt lucky to have achieved that. I then told them to give the prayers to someone who is not in tune within' themselves.

Every so often throughout history a teacher comes along and teaches the masses the "way" to connect with God and the Universe around them. This teacher comes in many forms, but the message is always the same. Love each other. No matter what Religion it is that you follow, or if you follow none all of laws of life can be followed simply by living your life out of love. These teachers are always selfless and their books and words have told us the same thing over and over. Yet, so few of us find happiness. You wonder, why bother even teaching these principles at all? If such a small percentage actually achieve oneness with mother earth than why bother to teach at all? The reason? To teach that one person who again teaches. What a loving thing.

I have come to the realization that throughout time in history books (including the Old Testament) people have clung to their God's only when in need. People call upon their Gods to provide rain, to provide food, to help them in battle, but when people need not they do not pay true attention to their God. New religions start and old religions are altered when people are in hardship and feel that they are not receiving what they deserve from their God. I have a message to deliver and the message is this.

No matter who your God is, there is only ONE true God and there are millions of people in millions of religions who are not connected to God the way that they were intended to be. God gave each culture Holy books and enlightened people to act as maps to find Him/Her, but people miss the point.

God is in everything, God is not one who punishes. Hurricane Katrina DID NOT happen because of all of the sin in New Orleans, that is ridiculous. God is love and God is good and that's it. God does not bring destruction on people, people do. Everything is a direct result of karma. We bring sickness and disease and negativity upon our self when we deliver the same to the Earth. We were put here as the most intelligent part of this Bio-Sphere, yet we continue to bring turmoil upon our self.

God NEVER justifies killing or war. God NEVER thinks these things are right. God is GOOD and GOOD only. Once we accept that and link up to our Creator directly we do not need a man or an institution or to make sacrifices or carry symbols of religion to achieve God's grace. We do not GET things that we need by praying and asking God and God could really care less who wins the Super Bowl. No one on Earth is loved any less than another or any more and God does not favor one side or another.

We like to believe that in war we have God on our side. We like to believe that we are the good guys and God is on our team. God does not choose teams in this petty way, it would be unfair. The God who I believe in loves us all the same and does not want destruction and pain, death or poverty to come upon us.

Now you say, "well if it is karma, then give good and you will receive good". This is all very true, however, we are unable to always deliver only good. We are mortals, the only way to truly do good is to connect independently with God. We should need nothing, we should want nothing. We are truly children of our Creator and we are all one with Him/Her and everything in our would and Universe. We are all part of this team called Earth and we deserve everything wonderful as we are children of the Creator. We complicate things when we have wants and needs and we lose faith when we ask for things and do not receive them. There is no need to ask. There is no need to worry. All that we need to do as individuals is leave everything up to Life. We are in Good hands and everything that we desire, if it is good is ours for the taking.

In desperation people do things that are not good. Any time we choose to do these things we may feel a temporary sense of success, but that success soon fades away. We must change our focus to all that is positive, pure and good. We must do things only with good intentions and we must genuinely thank God for his blessing and the rest is like magic. I know from experience. Daily, I screw up. Many times I am in trials that seem impossible to handle and no matter what the case is, I have begun thanking God. I learned that from my friends Carlos. Whenever Carlos takes a puff of good bud, eats, even in bad times you can hear the words "Praise Jah" come out his mouth. I hold a high respect for him for that ability and I have seen good things happen in his life. I began applying those principles and am noticing that all that is good and all that I could desire is beginning to come my way.

All we have to do is connect internally with the Divine force that is the Energy that makes the world turn and we become completely in unison with our earth and our world. We need not fear God, we need not try and bribe him with donations to church and charity, we don't have to wear religious symbols around our neck or offer sacrifices. God wants us to be happy and everything that is good is of God. We are the one's who screw our lives up and create the pain and the evil in the world. It isn't God. As soon as you let go of your past and begin to live in the NOW, you will see that this is the moment that is good. Do what is good and become one with your Earth, being kinder to each other, gentler with animals, and denouncing anything that causes harm to our neighbors.

"Love your neighbor as yourself"

Guess what?

Your neighbors are not just people, they are trees and birds and dogs and cats, clouds and flowers and anything alive that we share this Earth with.

I hope I don't freak anyone out with this blog. I am not starting a cult or a new religion. These principles have been taught for ages, but very few have listened properly.

Love each other!

~tilly

No comments: