Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Obama is our Nominee!!!


Today I am a very proud American, not that I was not a proud American before, but our society has been riddled with distrust and negativity for so long, it is thrilling to see what is happening in American politics, for the first time EVER we are seeing an African American become a nominee for president of the United States. Barrack Obama has defied all odds with his message of hope.

During the Democratic Convention in 2002 a charismatic gentleman of color stepped on stage and delivered one of the most moving speeches I have ever heard in my lifetime and since then I have been following Mr. Obama very closely. I recall being in New Orleans and hanging out with Attorneys and such and hearing people say how wonderful it would be to have the option to vote for Mr. Obama, but no one thought he had a chance. I recall being in Georgia and hearing whites say there would NEVER be a black nominee and hearing blacks preach hope. Now I am in California and I have been consistently hearing people say that it was impossible. No one thought it would be possible for this man to do it, but I believed, as has many others.

Just like Jesse Ventura in his campaign for Governor of Minnesota in the 90’s, Barrack Obama defied all odds and tapped into the untapped vote of youth and other NON-VOTERS. Barrack Obama has given us all something to be excited about, this man has promised hoped and in a charismatic way not unlike J.F.K. he has woken up the people who had lost all hope with his message of hope. As many bad things as people have tried to pin on Mr. Obama, no one has been able to deter this man from his mission and Obama has succeeded in making history, this is a true example of the American Dream. God Bless America.

I have to say that at 29 years old this is the first time I have ever donated to a Presidential campaign and I have gladly done so. I have donated my time in New Orleans for Obama’s campaign and I will gladly do so in the future. We are the only people who can truly bring about change. In a nation of bigger government and an unbalanced strength in the Executive Branch of Government (thanks to Mr. Bush) I am glad to have a person who is not part of the political machine, a true reformist as a presidential nominee.

To those who say Mr. Obama lacks experience, I say this: American Politics were set up for average every day Americans to leave civil life and donate their time to public office, not unlike a person joining the Military as a service to his or her country and then returning to civil life. I embrace Barrack’s lack of experience as untainted blood in office and I believe in his sincerity in his service to our people. God Bless America!

Barrack Obama 2008





>

No comments: