We were within 3 feet or so when this character popped to his feet like someone injected him with espresso and reached his hand out and introduced himself as Sam. "Sammy Boy" was instantly likable, he awoke with a smile on his face and said he had wandered out from Michigan, originally not alone, but somewhere in the middle he lost his travel buddy so he kept going. He spoke of how kind the people across the United States where and claimed to have an amazing ride, now he was here next to the pier. Sam didn't have any luggage other than his guitar so he picked it up and walked along with us to the McDonald's on the corner. We had some breakfast and got acquainted, grateful that we had all met at this point in our journeys. Like little children, we were all free and anxious at the idea of endless possibilities, this moment in L.A.
Throughout the wandered around the Boardwalk a bit and eventually headed down to Venice Beach, Sam had not been there yet and I had not explored the neighboring beach nearly enough yet. It wasn't long that we were in Venice before Sat down on the Boardwalk and decided to play. I am not a hundred percent that I recall the song he played, but I remember it being "Baby Please Don't Go" by Muddy Waters in an energy unlike I had ever seen by a performer, within minutes there were camera crews filming Sam play on the Venice Boardwalk on his second Day in town.. Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere we go.......
Thank you for coming back, I can't explain the positive energy that was buzzing around myself and the people around me during my time in L.A. everything seemed scripted, like destiny and it was, we were living in the moment and unattached from all that's material and we were grateful for living it. Come back often as I continue my story daily and please visit me on facebook @ Tilly's

No comments:
Post a Comment