My mission was clear as I walked up to the McDonald's to meet my friends for our morning cup of coffee, I was going to GIVE whenever I could and backlash at all negativity with good deeds, no matter how much I had. After breakfast Sam and Carlos let me to the Drop-In center where Sam would be obtaining his ticket home via a program called "The Road Home". We arrived at the center and my heart suddenly felt heavy as I watched the array of broken people wait in line for various services. The center provided haircuts, mail, bag lunches,clothing and medical for the people of the streets of L.A. I watched as drug addicts and families and veterans stood in lines to gather the r survival necessities. More and more I realized how much I had, even in having nothing and was grateful for my outlook on life, I was not broken.
Feeling the weight of the suffering of others on my shoulders I left and strolled off to the beach for some silent meditation. Seeing others who had nothing really made me see the blessings which were bestowed upon me. I had my health, my charisma and looks and my mind was strong. I saw how so many people had given up and I wondered the reason why and while I was in a similar circumstance I was not stuck, my perspective was one that was unlimited, yet I saw so many people who's situation was like my own who were stuck and had given up and it became my mission that day to spread the joy that I had found in any way that I could.
I spent the day on the beach that day, just me and the ocean and I thanked God for giving me this experience. Never before in life had I felt so strong in a situation which was potentially so dangerous. As the sun set on the Pacific I headed to Hollywood to see Sam off and I decided that my stay on the beach would be ending soon, there was a rave this weekend and after the party I would seek out an apartment and begin the next stage of my adventure. As Sam said his goodbyes, I thought back at our time on the beach and the many stories he had to tell about the goodness of people across the land. I made up my mind that from here on out, I, was going to be one of those good people.
Short and sweet today, the message is shared
and the turning point of my story was
this moment and it's theme implemented.
Thank You for reading
"Like" me on Facebook "Tilly's"

No comments:
Post a Comment