Wednesday, December 12, 2012
Lessons Learned
I started this blog years back during a time when I was going through a growing period in my life, not that, I am not always growing, but this was an important time for me. Tonight I was sitting around thinking about changes that I am currently making in life and an old mentor of mine from my youth popped up on Facebook. I haven’t talked to my friend in years and I was reminded a little about what things are all about, what I am all about and that is exactly what I needed today.
The past 3 years have been really good for me, I settled in Atlanta after traveling around quite a bit and living by the seat of my pants, made great friends and shared wonderful experiences, but this summer I lost some of what my life’s purpose was and I began to fall off track. It’s strange how life has a way of reminding you who you are just at the right time. I recently had to withdraw from Atlanta, all that was good there had come to a turning point for me and I felt that I was going backwards. I set some goals and pulled out of the negativity and set out to move forward and that’s precisely what I am doing now.
Turning the page on an experience can be difficult and part of me felt like I was losing myself. I didn’t feel like I fit where I was anymore and I knew that for me to move forward I needed change, so that’s what I am doing now. Now is a time where I am going back to the basics. I have had my adventures, (read my blog 2009 is the craziest year) and it is time for me to settle down and focus on more long term goals. I feel that I have done the internal work necessary to start laying some roots down and plan for the future a little more and I am lucky to have someone in my life who is supportive and on my side and that has my whole perspective clear. It really doesn’t matter what tomorrow holds, I am ready for it and I am fully prepared to succeed in my endeavor, no matter what life throws at me.
I am at a time in life where stability and discipline actually sounds good to me again, but this time it is more than attainable. Lucky I am to have special people who love me no matter what, people who believe in me and am on my side supporting me, so forward I step. People were a little hard on me this summer and maybe I deserved it a little, but I am only human. It did take me going back and reading my blog a little and recalling the experiences that I had which got me where I am, for me to realize exactly where I am going….”confidently in the direction of my dreams”.
The blog entry that my friend reminded me of today was written in 2009…by far the best year for this blog. Lucky I am to have had key people at key periods of my life. Lucky I am to have one special person who I have right now. Please read my blog, especially those special entries of 2009 they just might help you look at things differently.
Getting ready to say goodbye Georgia, thanks for all that you have given me.
Gotta Keep Moving….
`Tilly
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment