Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Sleepless Christmas Worries

It's Christmas time and with the economy beating up on the working class as it has, I find myself laying in bed tonight wondering how I am going to get that gift, however small, to everyone who I care about in life. Not only am I squeezing penniesa together trying to figure out a way to buy gifts, like many of us I also have debts thsat I have to repay at the same time, some that I am late making payments on and it is downright stressful.

One thing that I have been constantly repeating in my head is that Christmas isn't all about presents and items that we give or take, but I wonder, How do I explain that to the people in my lives who give when I may have little or nothing to give in return. I guess that brings us back to the Christmas story, a beautiful story about God sending a himself to Earth, in the form of a child, to put himself in our shoes and not only talk the talk, but walk the walk and become closer to mankind.

Whatever your beliefs are this Holiday Season, no matter how much money that you have or don't have. Please join me in taking in what I have taken from the Christmas story. Use this time to become closer or to get close to your fellow man and families. While we may not have all of the blessings and extra monetery things this year that we may have had in years past, we do have each other, so lets enjoy our time together and try and grow closer.

One Love/
tilly

No comments: