Monday, February 2, 2009

~~~~

Ladies and gentlemen...this is my 101st post. I am blown away by how unpredictable life can be. One minute I think that everything is smooth sailing, the next minute :BOOM: life blindsides you and things get turbulent. Lucky for me, I know how to handle this situations in my own life pretty well and I do, but I am also weary of travel and for the first time in my adult life, I crave stability and routine. I have been on an adventure for 2 years now and I planned it that way, I have been working on things internally and moving around quite a bit and I am seeing amazing things in my life.

Lately, 1 by 1 in a systematic fashion, people who have been in my life for years have been dropping out of my life. I began to wonder "whats wrong with me? why are all of these people I care about going?" I finally realized that these people dissappearing from my life, while they may be good people, have had a negative effect on me. That made me grateful, I am changing at a rapid pace and life is pulling out the people and the things that bring me down. So as I lose people who I was loyal to or thought cared about me at a faster pace, I think life is re-affirming to me that I am doing a good job and that I can now move forward to a more positive place.

I am proud of that.

Now it is a struggle as to where do I fit in today? I am interested in going back to school finishing my degree and doing some social work. I am very interested in setting down roots again and working in a routine again and the whole "nest egg" thing. I feel like my journey is really coming to an end and it is ok for me to feel this way. I am ready to start my adult life and be a grown up.

I'm a little lonely in this moment. I have a few friends with whom I always confided in who are now not a part of my life due to the changes I have made. I am also lucky to have new friends who are positive and old ones who have come back who I am sure can help me steer out of this turbulent place and back into some calm waters and am looking forward to making more!

No comments: