Sunday, December 28, 2008

The New Year





This last year has been one of the most exciting and positive years of my whole life. While I can't say it has always been easy, it was a year of tremendous growth for and and I am lucky to have surrounded myself with a good support group of like minded people who may not always agree with me, but who have grown with me and GROWTH is the key word.
I am really baffled by the people that come across my path now. It amazes me how people who I have known for years can be so the same, but also so different then me. It is a breath of fresh air to have friends all over the country who are leading different lives and doing different things but who are also moving forward in their own lives in the same ways that I am.

The ways that matter.

There was a time when I was an angry person and the people who were around me were angry people and together we slopped around in our own self pity, rage and misery accepting no one who is different and nothing that was alien to us. Now with the growth I have attained in my own life, I have physically tested and tried to live differently, I have progressed and learned not only to let go of the past, but to accept it, acknowledge it and then file it away as merely and experience that I had and not "who I am"

Progressively I have become a better person.

This year I learned to let go of my head, to get out out of it. I learned that memories are only memories and what I put through this computer in my skull creates the events in my life and what I think, what I tell it, WILL happen. I have chosen to tell myself good things and while I have not completely mastered this skill, I have been able to see the results changing and have witnessed amazing and positive changes in EVERY SINGLE area of my life. I have not only been able to witness the changes in myself, but also the changes in the people around me, the people closest to me and the people who are drawn to me and this year has been great.

I have learned this year to think for myself. No matter what happens, no matter how much I would like to please people or help someone else change, no matter how badly I want to impress someone, I have learned the only way to true happiness is to think for myself and everything else will follow in perfect order. People respect you for having your own ideas and ideals and this is what separates the sheep from the lions, the leaders from the followers.

I have chosen to be a leader.

I have a GREAT friend to thank for that one!

This year, I decided that I didn't have to do things that I didn't want to do. I realized that everything happens PRECISELY in the order in that which I CREATE and there is no need to be miserable and to do things for the wrong reasons. I learned that if it doesn't feel good it's ok to NOT DO IT and even if that choice doesn't make sense to anyone else, it is MY choice and it is PERFECT for me and life will take care of itself, LIFE will bless me for empowering myself and doing the things that matter to me....for standing my ground.

Now I am lucky, but not perfect, but with this New Year rolling around, I know that I am doing things EXACTLY the way that I want to do it, MY WAY and its is confirmed to me in the many blessings and inspiring words that I receive each and every day. For me, I know that this year is not going to be any better or any worse than last year..it's simply "this year" and it is going to be exactly the way that I choose for it to be. The choice is mine. Things are going to go wrong and things will go well, there will be times of joy and there will be times of pain, but this year is MY year and I look forward to it and I will take the bull by the horns (lol) and forge forward with great experiences and many great friends, old and new
leaving behind only footprints and bringing only memories.


~one love and HAPPY NEW YEARS TO EVERYONE

DO WHAT YOU LOVE AND FOLLOW YOUR HEART

NOT

YOUR HEAD.

~tilly

Look for my next blog in a few days about a GREAT friend "Patience"

No comments: