
This summer was truly a summer for the memory books for me. It started with me hitchhiking to Santa Cruz for a non-stop party and some SERIOUS smokage!!! In Santa Cruz I stayed in the Hostel for a while 2 blocks from the beach and than pretty much right on the beach with one of my best friends!! I really didn't work to hard in The Cruz, but I was lucky enough to meet great people and enjoy the great surf with old and new friends and this time allowed for some much needed healing in so many ways. I just love Santa Cruz with the street people and all, it truly is a little piece of paradise.
After a month or so I rented a little room up in Felton (Santa Cruz Mountains) where I enjoyed great conversations with friends and I got a job in Scotts Valley(at the bottom of the mountain before Santa Cruz). In Felton I spent a lot of time in the Redwood Forest (I lived in it) and really came to know myself again. I am so grateful for the experience. On my birthday my friends all came to the patio at my work where "The Omega Project" performed a few sets and although I wandered off in true "Tilly" fashion and missed it, they played Happy Birthday. It was the 3rd time in three days that my Birthday Wishes came from the stage.
Towards the Forth of July I had been getting restless. I really wanted to be in the city and was so close to LA. It seemed, just like it was predestined, that I was headed for L.A. and circumstances allowed me to move on.
So that's what I did.
I hopped on a bus to LA with a few hundred bucks in my pocket and enjoyed the beautiful view of California down to LA. This summer there were tons of fires in CA and I was saddened to see a lot of the beautiful terrain burning up as I travelled. What an amazing thing!
Arriving in LA is never really fun. THERE ARE PEOPLE EVERYWHERE!! Since I had just arrived via bus...it was EXTREMELY shitty. I must be honest when I got there I seriously considered hopping right back on the bus. But I didn't and that makes me the most happy.
I shot out of the bus station as fast as I could and I jumped in a cab and when to the nicest and most convenient location in West L.A. and settled in for the night. All night I dreamed and wondered where this adventure was going to take me and the night flew by!!
When I awoke in the morning I packed my laptop and my bag up and I hit a Taxi and had them take me to Santa Monica Beach. I wanted to save money and I had to get a gym membership, a storage unit and make sure I was still able to have fun, so I went down to the beach and decided to spend the night right smack ON the beach. So that's what I did!!
What a great night I had on the beach. I met some kids and we drank Tequila and then I met MORE people and we lit a fire and enjoyed some TUPAC and Grey Goose. I decided that I might like this place!!
Well it was Fourth of July weekend and although I needed to do some things, the only thing that I managed to do was go and get my membership at 24 hour fitness. The rest of the weekend was spent meeting people and having a blast. Live music, Pot Smoke, Famous People. You name it it goes on there. Every morning I would go to the coffee shop 1 block up Broadway and type away searching for adventure and things to do in L.A.
Eventually I made it down to Venice Beach and got a storage unit. That time I spent out on the beach was great. I made so many new friends and had so many adventures, but that time had to end. Precisely at the right time, as though it was destiny, I met a great friend and was able to stay in a tiny little spot 4 blocks from the Pier.
As the week went on I became more focused on the fact that I was in L.A. and I contacted Actors Reps (who I worked for in NY), LA Casting and Central Casting and I sent my head shot all over L.A. Suddenly I was getting all this silly jobs in audiences on all of the TV shows filming for Fall and managed to get paid watching shows get filmed. I watched MAD TV where I was able to have words with the cast (especially Bobby Lee, he was the coolest!) Spike Feresten (where I discovered Bo Buhrnam "I'm BO YO")Bingo America (I was a Bingo number a ton of times, but met AL from Home Improvement) Don't' Forget the Lyrics (WAYNE BRADY IS the dopest and funniest cat in Hollywood) Comics Unleashed and many, many more. It was a blast and I was getting paid so I rented a room right there in Hollywood and would stay for the rest of the summer.
I enjoyed Hollywood and while other people do not like it, it was more like a vacation for me. I was getting paid to do what people do there anyhow (watch TV get filmed) and I had a ton of free time to audition for tons of stuff and minlge. I saw Warren Beaty walk the red carpet right by my house was able to attend a Film Festival back stage at National (a premier club) and I had the gym right next to the spot. I was priveleged to know how to live this way and have a bunch of fun and my confidence became very high!!
Eventually the time came or me to leave, even if it is just for a little while and I headed to Georgia where I am staying in a loft for 2 weeks with my brother that is equipped with a full bar, a pool table and a Poker Room. We may throw a party before hitting the road together and heading to New Orleans, Austin and then back to California. I feel like the luckiest man ever!!
I have to thank God for all of this. My eyes were opened this summer to the struggles people go through and I learned that peoples biggest obstacle is their state of mind. More and more I see people who are not really doing the things that they want to be doing and are creating their own roadblocks.
This summer I realized that there are NO roadblocks. You can totally do what makes your heart content and trust in God to take care of the little stuff. When we let go of the things that we cannot control and just focus on the things that are right NOW we TRULY can make the best of our experience and I TRULY know, that this is when the magic happens!!!
To all my new summer friends! I love you all and thanks and to the ones who are struggling with the every day ups and downs, remember that you are in the drivers seat....
DRIVE FAST@!!!!!
tilly!!
No comments:
Post a Comment