For years now I have been randomly disappearing from situations, places and events without notice, these disappearance have been given a title and that title is “pulling a Tilly”. Friends all over the country know about this phrase and recently it has evolved. While talking about “pulling a Tilly” my friend Patience took it one step further and dubbed the place I go when I “pull a Tilly” Tillyville. Yesterday when hanging with my friends from USHEMPCO in Frisco my friend asked me to define Tillyville. Here is Tillyville defined:
Sometimes when I am just deciding to exit reality and go on an adventure “Tillyville” is the place that calls me. Tillyville is somewhat like Tilly in Wonderland. When I escape to Tillyville I know that I am going to have the adventures that I am craving, few people get to come with me there, it takes a mind set, but my friend Patience is there with me often and he probably could describe it better from an outsiders perspective.
In Tillyville everyone is equal, there are no rules. When I go there I give selflessly to anyone, but I am free as well to roam on peoples property and everything is mine, as long as I do so with good intentions. Tillyville is everywhere and all places at once, magic happens in Tillyville. I Tillyville you need no money, but you never take anything that is not yours. You can be sure when you are in Tillyville that if you need something just visualize yourself with it and it is yours. There are no stereotypes in this great place and no matter how dangerous or crazy a situation seems it always works out for good as long as you don’t get shaken up. That’s why not everyone can go there.
An example of things that happen in Tillyville are very diverse. One time while in Tillyville I got tired and went to sleep in this old fishing boat, as I awoke to the cool morning air some Asian fisherman began loading up the boat with supplies for the morning fish. As I stare in a dark corner out into the see I heard the men speaking in their native tongue. They did not know that I was in their boat or didn’t care and went about there business as usual. I did not call out or run because I had no need to frighten them. I just let them worked and was able to see a part of life that most people just don’t (other than Asian fishermen of course). Imagine how badly this could have went, these guys could have freaked out had I not made the right moves, the right move was to not move and be grateful for the fact that I was in a great place. Slowly when the time was right I said good morning to my friends and reached out a hand. My fishermen friends helped me up and introduced themselves and gave me a fish. This is what 4 am is like in Tillyville. Everyone is my friend no matter what.
Many things have happened in Tillyville, I have been on movies and on stage, I have been given money and found lovers, I have met poets and musicians and seen life from a perspective that no one else does and I am grateful for that. My life of jumping trains and hoping boats and singing songs is one I love and I would not trade Tillyville for everything. It helps me be me. Just Tilly being Tilly!!
No comments:
Post a Comment