Thursday, April 30, 2015

Day 2hashtag#2

I awoke that morning with a confused look on my face, where was, I? How did I get here? As the fog cleared from my mind and I grasped my surroundings, I quickly brushed my teeth and wandered down the old staircase gripping the banister, like the rope in gym class. The stress of what was next had me a little worked up. I walked through the foyer and to the right and was welcomed by an older black guy wearing a lot of jewelry, he was painting at an easel. 

"Hello, and good morning!" said the man and I instantly calmed. At that moment I decided I would head to the French Quarter.  I roamed the streets that morning, passing up Royal and across Conti and up Bourbon and across Toulouse.  I had no idea where I was going, but I was content.  I flashed back to the previous day and I realized that being content, was the way that I had to be.

On Touloiuse I walked by a little place with a sign which read "Pop Bar" on it.  I walked in and asked for an Amber. I sat and listened to the chatter from an older burly woman who was sitting at the bar with her laptop. I overheard her talking to the bartender and telling her that they needed a bartender for tonight, someone had just quit.

"Hello and good morning!" I exclaimed. "They call me Tilly"I said, with an extended hand.  The next thing that happened was magical in and of itself, I was once again hired on the spot and asked to work that evening.  Keep in mind, this was 3 days before Halloween, in New Orleans, in the French Quarter, right after The Storm.  

I ran up to Camp and then over to Magazine and settled back in my window sill.  What was happing?  

No comments: