Just like the song says, the sun was coming up over Santa Monica Blvd an I was having fun as I made my trek towards the beach to gather my belongings from my storage unit and bring them back to my dingy hotel room. The air was cool and I decided just to walk awhile roaming the streets of Hollywood. While walking I walked by The Knickerbocker when an old man called me over and he said hello. "I'm not much of a technology guy" said the man, "you're a young guy, do you think you could come and help me get my cable working?". The man offered to give me $100 if I could assist him and I was eager to see the inside of this big, old Hollywood landmark and I obliged.
The stale smell of dust hit my nose as I walked into the building which has been a part of the Hollywood skyline for decades. I was expecting glitz and glamour, but felt more like I was in an old folks home as I said hello to the doorman and was ushered into the building. Riding up the vintage elevator my imagination ran wild thinking of all of the famous people throughout history who may have ridden up that same elevator.
The mans apartment unlocked the two locks on his door, his apartment was small and his furniture aged, there was a black and white picture of a sailor on the wall and he pointed to the TV which was an old box TV set on a stand next to a desk with a rotary phone and a bunch of pill bottles. "Not to many people come up here any more" said the old man. "I'm 85 years old, I used to have a girl who would come and help me, call in my
prescriptions and such, but now I am alone and an old man". The wrinkled little man pointed over to the TV and walked into the other room and I went to his television to see what was wrong I checked the cables, I check the power before I quickly found out it was on the wrong channel and within minutes Judge Joe Brown was giving his verdict through the speakers. "Thank you son, the man shouted from the other room, the money is on the table, leave a phone number in case I need help from you again." I grabbed my money and left, once again feeling as if I had made nothing, into something.
As I mosey'd down the Boulevard I thought to myself how lucky I was, to be young and full of life and experiencing this amazing city in this magical way. Today I caught a different bus than I had in the past, I rode towards the beach down Hollywood Boulevard through to Malibu and then South towards Santa Monica, the trail of the stars.
I hope you enjoy what you read, I have been writing about this adventure for a while now and you can go back and begin reading from the beginning of the consecutive entries, or you can go through my archives and read what was going through my mind while these stories were being formed, when they happened.
Please "like" my page on facebook.
until next time.
1 Love,
-tilly

2 comments:
Tilly - keep writing! I love the "old man" story!
RETA@ http://evenhaazer.blogspot.com
Thank you. I should, and I should have.....
Post a Comment