Tuesday, June 18, 2013

An Affirmation


If you have ever taken the time to read through my blog over the last few years you definitely get a glimpse into some of the highs and lows of my life, my troubles and my tests.  I enjoy reading back and reminiscing and recalling some of the amazing adventures which I have taken and replaying some of the lessons that I learned and forgot, only to again relearn.

I have come to a point in my life where all of the pieces are finally seeming to fit into place.  It seems that all of the little lessons that I have learned in my experiences are revealing themselves.  All of the little principles which I have adapted in these situations are becoming applicable in the grand scheme of things and rather than reminding myself that "this is the way I should behave or think" things are becoming more automatic.  There have been many steps and fall backs, but I am pretty confident that the work that the goals which I had set to change myself from within have become accomplished and while I am far from perfect and never will be, I believe it is time to reap the harvest of my labor.

I say this all to you, my readers, as sort of an affirmation that I am not looking back.  I have shed myself of the past which had bound me for so long, in so many areas of my life and forgiven myself for the mistakes of my youth (and some adulthood) and am pretty confident in the man that I have become and who I want to be.  The hardest part of all of this is the people who I have had to leave by the wayside, certain people who have had and will always have a piece of my heart but who enabled me to cling to the past, not through their own faults.

I am marking this moment, in writing, forever, as a turning point in the life of "Tilly". This a time for change, my declaration to the end of time that I am not looking back.  I'm truly indebted in life to the people who have walked with me and pushed me to become something from what I was and gave me the courage to stand strong and face myself, to look at myself and cause help me to aspire to be more than just another failure, I thank you.

I hope that someday, someone will find this blog and read it from the beginning and see where I was, where I am at this moment and where I will have gone and it will give them the strength to keep pushing on, to forget about what's outside and grow from within.

Follow your heart,
~tilly

No comments: