This week a very good friend of mine and mentor lost her only 7 year old daughter after a 2 1/2 year battle with cancer. My heart goes out to her and her family and I am and have been humbled by my friends selflessness and strength through this very difficult time. We never know why life throws what it throws at us and while I have tried to be the best friend that I can throughout this circumstance, I honestly have felt that it was not my place to advise through this. I mean, I have never experienced any kind of battle like this with a child of my own, so who am I? Frequently I have been dicouraged by my own problems in life and I have been reminded in the perseverence of my good friend and her daughter that one must pick up the pieces and tread forward enjoying the time that we have with the people who we care about, because we may not have tomorrow with them. Throughout all of this my friend has struggled to stay positive, but she was. Through one of the single most difficult things that I have seen a person endure, both her and her daughter maintained their grace and smiles, when I know that it was not the easiest thing to do. As we move forward in our lives I want to encourage everyone to be grateful for the people who love them and from whom they are loved. Try your best and enjoy the moments, even when they if difficult, for life is not something that is guarenteed, but it is a gift that we never know how long we may keep. My heart goes out to Theresa and her family. I don't know if she realizes how admired she is by myself and so many people who's lives have been touched by her and her daughter. My thoughts and prayers are with you and I must make it known that it is and will always be a privilege to have you in my life!
THANK YOU
~Greg
No comments:
Post a Comment