
I sit here and I look at my life. I look back at the last 2 1/2 years and what I set out to do. As the time runs downward on my little "quest" I realize that the "quest" has only just begun. Countless times day in and day out I am tested and tempted and teased and twisted, yet amongst this tempest my head still rises above the water. I may gag and gurgle and grasp for the next breath....but I do GET the next breath and it is an ever so wonderful breath, one that I am grateful for. I thank EVERYTHING for that breath.
Turmoil comes more and more as I am reaching this "END". I expect this sort of grand finale with everything just being spread out before me, but I still strive and struggle even though I am now perfectly trained to focus entirely on the moment at hand. With the shivering silence of a slithering serpent I navigate the through each test and trial, precisely in the present moment...NOW.
Now, as always, is entirely where I am and right NOW I am in a fabulous moment, a moment of beauty and closeness and friendship, unity and love...a moment of clarity.
Yet tomorrow still seems so difficult.
so I continue to do what this wise man says to do when he tells us this:
"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself."
and again I realize that I am still just a student.
GET IN THE MOMENT
~1 love
tilly
1 comment:
nice blog g....It seems we all struggle these days to take one day at a time. I find myself resting only in the fact that I have a mansion just over the hillside...in that fair land where we'll never grow old....I am weary with the tasks before me but will continue to put one foot in front of the other. It seems to look to closely at my days of constant work with little pay can be exhausting...If we make it to the point where the new place gets open perhaps at least money worries will cease. Check out my new pics of the restaurant in progress..The people from the paper want to do and article...they said it is the prettiest and most unique place they have yet seen
always with love
mom
Post a Comment