Sunday, December 14, 2008

Friends




Over the years I have forged great relationships with so, so many people. No matter how rough things have gotten and however much of a screwup I have been in the past, this time in my life I can honestly say that I have the best friends in the world. I have friends who have been in my life since I was six. I have friends who I have just met and even a couple with whom I have never met and I am incredibly proud of each and everyone of them.

While each relationship I have with each one is not the same, they all share a common theme. Everyone with who I am friends with is part of my life NOW and everyone is growing, maturing and being an individual and to me that is a big deal. We live in a time period where more and more people are becoming the same. People are wearing the same brands, and listening to the same music, companies are getting bigger and the world is getting smaller. But we also live in a time where individuality, while rare, is more possible than ever before. I like the fact that I have so many people in my life who are not afraid to be themselves and go against the grain.

I have seen so much growth in my friends over the years. I have seen single moms raise their children through their teen years and succeed. I have seen people go to prison for years and years and come out and establish themselves and be successful. I have seen people earn their P.H.D's and people become pro ball players. I have seen high school sweethearts establish a family and it be one that is a happy and healthy. I have seen my friends grow and overcome obstacles and it has truly made me believe in life and I believe in people.

I refuse to become a pessemist in this life I have and I owe a lot of my attitude to my dear friends all around the world. I know that people say that things are bad right now. I know that there is a lot of pain, turmoil and trouble with the world today. But I believe in the human quest, I believe in life and I believe in people and I will never give that up.

I just got finished talking to a couple of different friends. I heard that my one of my best friends who has been gone 10 years is going to be home for Christmas. I was encouraged by a friend telling me that they were impressed by my individuality and by my ability to travel and adapt and do the things that I love. I also talked to a very dear friend, one with whom I was once married about life and relationships and about how somehow, some way we were able to grow apart and then grow up and find happiness in our own way and still be friends. I was encouraged to continue towards the things that I love in a positive mind and to seek out the girl of my dreams because now I was ready and I deserve it. Not bad from an ex, eh? An ex with whom I am proud to have as a friend and even prouder that I can be happy that they have found love and understand the differences that made our relationship fail. Wow. What a life.

I believe that this year coming up is going to be even a better year for myself and my friends. We are a new genteration, we are open minded, we are survivors. Winding up 2008 I have been able to get back in touch with so many people and I am excited for the future of the world, a world that our generation will be in charge of. We are survivors and we are strong and regardless of what anyone says, we are capable of doing great things and as friends we will!

~one love

~tilly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it!!! I love you Tilly!!!! xoxoxoxoxox.....I'm so grateful for your friendship...You mean the WORLD to me!!! oxoxoxoxox

~Tilly said...

WOOOOOO HOOOO! Love you too!!