
About 2 years ago I embarked on the adventure of adventures. I had been recently divorced and decided to go soul searching and that’s what I did. I went through the loss of a dear loved one and I reconnected with old friends across the country. I rode trains and busses, I hitchhiked and I flew and I saw much of what this great nation has to offer. I fed the homeless and I was also fed. I lived off of the land and I was also able to live lavishly. I traveled with musicians and sat with poets. I was on tv, and I was the onlooker.
Throughout my adventures I was able to learn a lot about myself. I learned that wherever it is that I am, I AM, and I am the one who is ultimately my companion. I was able to see what is like to have nothing and to make something out of nothing. I learned that there is a God and that he is one who is kind, one who is everything and I can trust him.
Recently I was able to see history once again as did all of you. I am gracious to have been a part of electing the first African American President into office and while things may appear to be horrible to most everyone right now, because of my adventure, I am able to see things through different eyes and be optimistic towards my future, our future.
I choose to look at things differently now days. I choose to be thankful for my family, for my little town. I choose to be gracious for each and every day of life and while tomorrow is not promised, I have accepted the fact that MY today is perfect in every way and only I can control that.
I have decided to accept things the way they are right now, no matter what that they are and in that I have chosen to bring this adventure to a close.
While I may be traveling more, it is part of me, I am shutting the door on the past and moving on to bigger and better things. I am settled now and at peace and am happy to be in the simple place that I am. It took a lot to get here.
With that I am going to end the “Tilly’s Now Hiring” blog. It will remain online for us all to read and it will serve as a reminder to me of the things that I have been through and a map to the things that are to come. I will eventually be starting a new blog that is a little more focused. One that reflects on more of a defined topic and is less about ME. I have found me and no longer have a desire to explain myself to the world. I do however want to continue to share the principles that I have discovered, the things that have brought me to contentment with all of you. I am very thankful to have you in my life.
With that I will bring this chapter of my life to a close. NOW is different for me and I must evolve and grow and that means becoming a bit more systematic about the way that I do things. I have been talking a lot about writing a book and have started a few, but I think I just might study a little bit more on the process. It’s been a long time since college.
I aim to settle in my new apartment, which is a beautiful 2 bedroom loft from the turn of the century and try to draw from the history that seeps out of the brick walls and wood ceilings and floors. I have achieved contentment and as my brother would say “I have found my HEF” ( I will talk about that more later ) Anyhow I would like to thank you all for reading my blog regularly and for those who would like to hear more, it will come…it will just be different!
One Love and God Bless
~tilly
1 comment:
every one should find there inner HEF!!
Post a Comment