So it seems like all of the gains that our country made economically during the Clinton administration, the last little bit, is being flushed down the toilet today as we speak. George Bush's last attempt to save it was voted down today and although it is going to cost us, it is probably a good thing. Had that law passed, we would be one step closer to Socialism and I do not know if that is a good thing either. It is one thing to have Socialized medicine and quite another to have our banks owned by the government. What are we going to do?
There is good chance that things just get worse and worse for a while and while I am prepared for it a little, I don't think most people are. We are already waiting in lines for gas in the Southeast and our homeless population is looking to get bigger and bigger, whether it is by storm or by forclosures and how exactly are we supposed to sell more homes when even our BANKS cannot get loans?
Is it the end of the world??
I doubt it, I just think we are starting to realize that we actually have to WORK for our money. You can't just take loans out all of the time and buy things with money that doesn't exist, mortgage those things and save the debt for generations to come. Sooner or later that kind of stuff is going to catch up to you!! How can you sell something that you truly don't own to people who truly don't have money and expect to make anything. Its not the best idea I have ever heard of. Our system built on borrow, borrow, borrow is finally tumbiling and all of the people who followed those ideals are tumbling along with it!
See you at the bottom!!
~tilly
No comments:
Post a Comment