
Think for a minute about how much energy that you waste worrying about the thing that you need. I remember spending countless days worrying about how I was going to pay rent in the past and pay bills. We get used to certain standards of life and sometimes we make ourselves miserable trying to maintain that standard. This kind of behavior effects our happiness tremendously and if you look back at your life, USUALLY, you end up keeping things going pretty steadily (unless you are on drugs)
We spend all of this energy filled with worry about whether or not we are going to be able to pay our Macy's bill, but really, we usually have all of the things that we need and are able to get them. So why worry?
My stepfather once told me that there is no point in freaking out or making rash decisions when things look impossible. He told me that we always find a way and usually we are ok and he is right, we do.
No matter what happens to us we usually get what we want and what we want is not even always what we really need.
We should be grateful a little more.
This may sound stupid to you and I am not trying to sound all holy or anything like that, but what works for me and what helped me rid myself of the worry was when I begin worring about my own life, I look to people who have less monetarily or spiritually and I try to give. Being around and interacting with people who have less makes me appreciate that I have what I have an not worry. In effect this causes me to feel good about myself and more amazing and positive things are drawn to me in my own life.
Doctors say that one of the main factors in heart disease and things of that nature is stress. Worry and stress doesn't ever solve anything. If anything it makes things worse, but if you can just maintain that constant good feeling, things seem to go your way a little more.
This is how I have made things go my way a little more.
Try it!
~tilly
No comments:
Post a Comment